No Heat Checklist
It’s easy to panic when your heat doesn’t turn on, but sometimes it’s a simple do-it-yourself fix!
At one time or another, most of us have been there. We get up one morning and our home is freezing! We go, check the switch to the ‘on’ position and either it’s already on, or… it won’t COME on! While it’s easy to panic at a moment like this, and thoughts of costly repair bills might start racing through your mind, sometimes, the solution is easy…and something you can do yourself! Before you call for help, check these things first!
- Check your thermostat to make sure it’s set high enough to call for heat.
- Make sure you have oil in your tank.
- Locate the emergency shutoff switch, usually located near the basement steps or next to your heating system. Make sure the switch is in the “ON” position.
- Sometimes a simple system reset is all that’s needed. Locate your heating system’s burner and press the red reset button ONCE (and only ONCE) and listen for the system to start up.
- Check for any blown fuses or tripped circuit breakers in your electrical supply panel. A breaker switch is tripped if it is moved slightly from the ON position.
The customer service rep was very helpful answered all my concerns and set me up with the help I needed.
My questions were answered promptly and courteously.
I’ve been a customer for almost 15 years and have been very satisfied with their service and options for automatic delivery and capped pricing. Their representatives have always been very friendly, responsive and helpful to work with.
Call Us Today!
To find out how we can help with your energy needs!