For a small cost, investing in HVAC maintenance comes with many benefits. It can help prevent costly breakdowns, keep your HVAC system running at peak efficiency, reducing energy bills while extending the life of your HVAC system and keeping it covered under warranty. You’ll also be breathing in cleaner air. Last but not least, for those concerned about their green footprint, it’s worth mentioning that a well-maintained HVAC system uses considerably less fuel – which is good for the planet!
There are specific things that can go wrong with your HVAC, including corrosion, leaks, and problems distributing hot or cold air. Things like clogged filters, leaking refrigerant lines, dirty coils, and debris around the AC unit can all lead to problems, so it’s essential to stay on top of system maintenance. We recommend our HOP Energy system check for your HVAC system to conduct routine maintenance and an HVAC maintenance contract to minimize the cost of in-season repairs. However, as a homeowner, you can also do some HVAC maintenance basics yourself to increase the efficiency of your system and keep it running for longer. We have put together a simple HVAC maintenance checklist to help get you started:
HVAC MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST
#1 Don’t delay – do today (or, as soon as possible)
- Buy high-efficiency air filters – you can get these from your HOP Energy technician
- Clear away any leaves, pollen, twigs, grass or other debris from AC and heating units
- Allow for 2 feet of clearance around your outdoor unit(s)
#2 Once a month /every season
- Check for leaks in the refrigerant lines each month and call us if you see any issues here
- Replace your air filter at least every 90 days
- In fall, when getting ready to turn the heat back on, call us to do a system check on your heating equipment
- Replace carbon monoxide detector battery yearly, or if you see a change in the battery life indicator
- Be sure that your outdoor AC unit is on stable and level ground, that the ground has not shifted beneath the unit
HOP Energy offers HVAC preventive maintenance and HVAC maintenance contracts to keep your heating and cooling systems in tip-top condition. Should things go wrong or you need home heating oil or propane quickly, we also have emergency teams standing by 24/7 for HVAC repair, fuel delivery, and other equipment services. Our services extend to both residential and commercial HVAC services, including maintenance, installation, repair, and HVAC system replacement, and new systems design. You can schedule an HVAC annual tune-up or a duct cleaning service to remove pollen, dust, mold and other pollutants from the ductwork and fan coils. Our licensed and insured technicians will inspect your HVAC equipment, repair any issues, and discuss maintenance options and HVAC maintenance costs so you can make an informed decision on how you want to move forward.
Call us today to schedule your free HVAC maintenance consultation: 855-255-6543